Martha Stewart MTS-SEC1-MPL Nisaku Steel Secateurs with Holster (Slate)MTS-SEC1-MPL
- Made in Japan of the finest steel
- Perfect for home gardening and flower arranging
- Proper pruning encourages healthy plant growth
- Ideal for green, growing wood, stems, twins, and woody plants
- Easy, one-handed operation
- Secure latch and holster for safe storage
+ What type of material are the blades made from?
The Martha secateurs are made with S58C steel.
S58C (JIS G4051) is a kind of high strength medium carbon steel with high strength, hardness and elasticity.
This type of steel is also commonly used in the following:
- Bridge steel plate
- Boiler steel plate
- Shipbuilding steel plate
- Armor steel plate
- Automotive steel plate
- Roof steel plate
- Structural Steel
- Electrical steel (silicon steel)
- Stainless steel spring plate
- Solar panels
+ How do i clean my Martha Secatuers?
Since secatuers are more often than not used frequently during the summer, and they accumate a lot of plant matter and moisture on the blades as a result.
This layer of grime and moister can actually cause the blades to rust if they are not cleaned properly. Additionally, they can also transmit bacterial and fungal infections to the plants. It is very important that we keep our tool clean and in good working condition to prevent plant illness as well as any tool malfunctions.
1. Lightly clean the blades with a diluted dishwashing liquid solution
2. Use an abrasive pad and carefully scrub the blade down for the hard-to-remove grime. (Don't scrub too aggressively as it may dull the blade)
3. Rinse in warm water to rid the blades of any soap residue.
3. Dry with shop towels and leave to air dry for a few minutes
4. Using vegetable oil or recommended spray lubricant applied on a shop towel, rub down the blades. This process well help revent rust on the blades. *Remember to wipe off any excess oil or lubricant afterwards.
Martha Stewart MTS-SEC1-MPL Nisaku Steel Secateurs with Holster (Slate)