Nisaku MIYAMATOU Stainless Steel Knife, 7.5-Inch BladeNJP830
- Made in Japan with the finest stainless steel, the Nisaku Stainless Steel Mizukatana is a fantastic tool with universal functionality any outdoor enthusiast can find use for
- Molded plastic grip instills confidence for pushing and pulling through any medium
- The slim sheath keeps your knife safe and sound in your pack or on your belt, ready for action when you need it
- Blade Size: 7.5 inches; Handle Size: plastic, 5.5 inches; Weight: 7.9 oz.
- Made in Japan. Exclusively Distributed by Snow Joe, LLC
+ Why are stainless steel blades preferred for gardening, landscaping, home improvement, cooking and outdoor applications?
Nisaku Japanese stainless steel blades do not rust, chip or stain easily, making them ideal for moist and damp environments. This is due to the chromium content in the material. They also do not require any protective or non-stick coating, meaning there is less chance of contaminating food if used in the preparation of edibles. Stainless steel is also one of the most recyclable materials, which supports our mission to remain eco-friendly. But the biggest attraction to stainless steel tools is that they maintain their appearance for a very long time and do not require much maintenance or cause you to make repeat purchases every season due to rusting or dullness.
+ How do I care for the stainless steel blade?
While very resilient, stainless steel blades are not 100% rust proof – they are rust resistant, but may still be vulnerable to rust if improperly maintained.
Because every good gardener, chef, handyman and outdoorsman knows the significance of being prepared for just about anything, upkeep of stainless steel tools is important. Good maintenance can be done by thoroughly cleaning the blade and handle after every use. Wash your tools with warm water and soap, then dry thoroughly.
+ Will I need to sharpen the blade?
Nisaku Japanese stainless steel is very hard and comes properly sharpened on each tool to hold a superior edge for a very long time. While it is not usually necessary to sharpen the blade, it is possible with the right material.