Snow Joe iON18SB Cordless Single Stage Snow Blower | 18-Inch · 40 Volt | BrushlessiON18SB
- Lightweight design (only 32 lbs) to easily clear sidewalks, driveways and decks
- 40 V 4.0 Ah EcoSharp® rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 50 minutes of whisper-quiet run time
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- Steel auger with 2 rubber blades moves up to 500 lbs of snow per minute; cuts a path 18 in. wide by 8 in. deep without damaging surface
- 180° auto-rotate directional chute throws snow up to 20 ft
- 3 W LED headlight provides increased visibility for nighttime snow removal
- ETL approved; Full 2 year warranty; Energy Star certified
+ Will this unit come with a charger?
Our cordless units ship with chargers included. The exception to this rule is any unit noted with "CT" or "Core Tool Only". CT units do not ship with the normally included acessories.
+ I've pressed the switch button, then squeezed the handle, but my Snow Joe iON18SB does not power on. What should I do?
As an added safety feature, the machine will only power on while pressing and holding safety switch button (part 3 on your manual) first and then squeezing the switch bar lever (part 12 on your manual). Use your finger on one hand to press the switch button and use your other hand to squeeze the lever. Once your machine starts, you may then release your finger on the safety switch button, and grip the bar lever with both hands to maintain operation. If you wish to power off, release your grip on the bar lever.
+ How to achieve greater throw distance? / My iON is not throwing the snow very far.
Your iON18SB Snow Blower is capable of throwing snow up to 20 feet!
To achieve the greatest possible throw distance, here are few quick tips to follow:
- Always throw as much snow as possible. Your iON performs best with 4" to 10" of snowfall.
- If throwing less than 4" of snow, push your iON faster to feed the most snow into the intake as possible.
- Keep the discharge chute as straight forward and centered as possible. This allows for the easiest route for snow to launch through the chute, meaning the snow will fly farther and with more velocity.
- If throwing snow to the side, only turn the discharge chute as much as necessary to launch the snow out of your path of travel. Keeping the discharge chute as forward as possible creates less resistance for the snow to fly, resulting in greater throw distances.
- Keep the discharge chute deflector angled up and as high as possible. This ensures the path of least resistance for the snow to fly.
- Fresh snow will always fly farther than old snow. The older the snow, the more likely it is to become wet, icy, or compacted, making it harder to throw long distances.
+ How do you charge the battery?
Your iON comes with an included iCHRG40 40 V EcoSharp® Lithium-Ion Charger, designed to quickly and efficiently charge your EcoSharp® Lithium-Ion Battery in approximately 2 to 3 hours.
+ Can the EcoSharp 40 V 4.0 Ah battery pack (model iBAT40) and the EcoSharp PRO 40 V 5.0 Ah battery pack (model iBAT40XR) be used interchangeably with all iON tools?
Yes, both the EcoSharp 40 V 4.0 Ah battery pack (model iBAT40) and the EcoSharp PRO 40 V 5.0 Ah battery pack (model iBAT40XR) can be used with all iON and iON PRO series tools. Both batteries also utilize the same 40 V EcoSharp charger (model iCHRG40).
+ What is the best measurement of a lithium-ion battery pack’s performance? How does the Snow Joe + Sun Joe EcoSharp 40 V 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery pack (model iBAT40) compare to other lithium-ion battery packs in the market?
Without getting too technical, the best measure of a lithium-ion battery pack’s performance is its energy capacity, which is measured in watt-hours. To find the watt-hours of a battery pack, multiple the voltage by the amp-hours. For example, the Snow Joe iON18SB 40 V 4.0 Ah 18-inch cordless snow blower runs on a lithium-ion battery that delivers a 160 watt-hour energy capacity (40 V x 4.0 Ah). In comparison, competitor models of cordless tools that also employ a 40 V lithium-ion battery may only be telling you half the story. They cleverly disguise a seemingly “more powerful” battery pack by tacking on a large voltage rating without disclosing the amp-hour rating information, which has been found in some cases to be, at best, only 2.6 amp-hours. A battery with the same voltage rating, but a lower amp-hour rating will have a lower energy capacity, which will significantly impact your cordless tool’s performance. Comparing the Snow Joe + Sun Joe EcoSharp 40 V 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery pack to the 40 V 2.6 Ah competitor lithium-ion battery pack, the EcoSharp battery provides about a 1.6 fold increase in energy capacity (160 watt-hours versus 104 watt-hours). So, when comparing battery packs, it’s not only voltage that matters in terms of cordless tool performance. Know your battery’s amp-hour and watt-hour rating to get a true assessment of what your battery can really do.
+ How long will the battery in my Snow Joe iON18SB Snow Blower run for?
Your Snow Joe iON18SB Snow Blower comes with a 40-volt 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery (Model# iBAT40) that delivers up to 50 minutes of whisper-quiet run time.
+ How does a brushless motor compare to a traditional motor with brushes?
The iON18SB is equipped with a 500 W brushless motor. Without going into an engineering lesson, brushless motors are smarter, more powerful and more efficient than their old school brushed cousins. So when comparing cordless devices, you can’t just compare voltage. A lower voltage brushless motor is far better than a higher voltage, old school brushed motor. So a new cordless unit with a brushless motor will mean that it can perform better and last longer on a charge than a comparable unit with a traditional cordless motor.
+ How long does the battery for my Snow Joe iON18SB Snow Blower take to charge?
Your Snow Joe iON18SB Snow Blower comes with a 40-volt EcoSharp® lithium-ion battery charger (Model# iCHRG40) that completely charges your battery in up to 2 hours.
+ Where can I find the 'safety key' on my iON18SB?
The safety key is located inside the battery compartment. When facing the unit, open the battery door and you will find the black colored safety key on the right side. The safety key must be plugged in for the iON18SB to operate. Please note that the lights and chute will function without the key, however the auger will not engage for safety reasons.
+ How do I assemble my iON18SB Cordless Snow Blower?
Assembling your iON18SB is simple!
To watch us open the box and assemble the iON, click here: