Snow Joe iON18SB-PRO Cordless Single Stage Snow Blower | 18-Inch · 5 Ah Battery | BrushlessiON18SB-PRO
- Lightweight design (only 32 lbs) to easily clear sidewalks, driveways and decks
- 40 V 5.0 Ah EcoSharp® PRO rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 65 minutes of whisper-quiet runtime and is compatible with all iON tools
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- Steel auger with 2 rubber blades moves up to 495 lbs of snow per minute; cuts a path 18 in. wide by 8 in. deep without damaging surface
- 180° auto-rotate directional chute throws snow up to 20 ft
- 3 W LED headlight provides increased visibility for nighttime snow removal
- Powerful 500 W brushless motor optimizes motor performance and increases battery efficiency
- ETL approved; Full 2-year warranty; Includes battery and charger (Energy Star certified)
+ How do I assemble my iON18SB-PRO Cordless Snow Blower?
Assembling your iON18SB-PRO is simple!
To watch us open the box and assemble the iON, click here:
+ How do you charge the battery?
Your iON comes with an included iCHRG40 40 V EcoSharp® Lithium-Ion Charger, designed to quickly and efficiently charge your EcoSharp® Lithium-Ion Battery in approximately 2 to 3 hours.
+ How long will the battery in my Snow Joe iON18SB-PRO Snow Blower run for?
Your Snow Joe iON18SB-PRO Snow Blower comes with a 40-volt 5.0 Ah lithium-ion battery (Model# iBAT40) that delivers up to 65 minutes of whisper-quiet run time.
+ Can the EcoSharp 40 V 4.0 Ah battery pack (model iBAT40) and the EcoSharp PRO 40 V 5.0 Ah battery pack (model iBAT40XR) be used interchangeably with all iON tools?
Yes, both the EcoSharp 40 V 4.0 Ah battery pack (model iBAT40) and the EcoSharp PRO 40 V 5.0 Ah battery pack (model iBAT40XR) can be used with all iON and iON PRO series tools. Both batteries also utilize the same 40 V EcoSharp charger (model iCHRG40).
+ How does a brushless motor compare to a traditional motor with brushes?
The iON18SB-PRO is equipped with a 500 W brushless motor. Without going into an engineering lesson, brushless motors are smarter, more powerful and more efficient than their old school brushed cousins. So when comparing cordless devices, you can’t just compare voltage. A lower voltage brushless motor is far better than a higher voltage, old school brushed motor. So a new cordless unit with a brushless motor will mean that it can perform better and last longer on a charge than a comparable unit with a traditional cordless motor.
+ How to achieve greater throw distance? / My iON is not throwing the snow very far.
Your iON18SB-PRO Snow Blower is capable of throwing snow up to 20 feet!
To achieve the greatest possible throw distance, here are few quick tips to follow:
- Always throw as much snow as possible. Your iON performs best with 4\" to 10\" of snowfall.
- If throwing less than 4\" of snow, push your iON faster to feed the most snow into the intake as possible.
- Keep the discharge chute as straight forward and centered as possible. This allows for the easiest route for snow to launch through the chute, meaning the snow will fly farther and with more velocity.
- If throwing snow to the side, only turn the discharge chute as much as necessary to launch the snow out of your path of travel. Keeping the discharge chute as forward as possible creates less resistance for the snow to fly, resulting in greater throw distances.
- Keep the discharge chute deflector angled up and as high as possible. This ensures the path of least resistance for the snow to fly.
- Fresh snow will always fly farther than old snow. The older the snow, the more likely it is to become wet, icy, or compacted, making it harder to throw long distances.
+ How long does the battery for my Snow Joe iON18SB-PRO Snow Blower take to charge?
Your Snow Joe iON18SB-PRO Snow Blower comes with a 40-volt EcoSharp® lithium-ion battery charger (Model# iCHRG40) that completely charges your battery in up to 2 hours.