Sun Joe MJ501M Manual Reel Mower w/ Grass Catcher | 18 inchMJ501M
- Best Use: Medium lawns
- Drive Type: Push
- Cutting Width: 18 in.
- Tailor cutting heights up to 2.44 in. deep
- Blade: 5 steel blades
- Grass Catcher Capacity: 6.6 gallons
- Height Control: 9 position manual height adjustment
- Compact design and easy to assemble
- Comfortable foam grip
- Weight: 28 pounds
- Sun Joe® Mow Joe is maintenance free
- Full 2-year warranty
+ How do I adjust the blade tension on my manual mower?
- Turn mower upside down.
- Insert a piece of paper between cutter bar and reel blades, and slowly turn wheel by hand.
- All blades should slice the paper evenly, along the entire length of the cutter bar while the reel turns smoothly.
- If mower has an intermittent cut, adjustment should be made to the appropriate side of blades using a 6mm allen wrench to attain proper cutting action.
+ What type of compound should I use to sharpen the blades on my Mow Joe MJ501M?
Any silicon carbide abrasive lapping compound between 100 and 240 grit will work great. While we prefer a grease/oil-based silicon carbine compound in our facility, a water-based compound may be easier to both apply and remove, as oil is usually harder to remove. All traces of lapping compound must be removed before using or storing the mower, or permanent damage may be caused to the mower.