Sun Joe iON 40-Volt Multi-Angle Cordless 8-Inch Pole Chain SawiON8PS2
- 40 V 4.0 Ah EcoSharp® rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 25 minutes of whisper-quiet runtime (up to 75 cuts)
- No pull-cords, gas, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- Telescoping pole extends to 8.5 ft to provide 15 ft of overhead reach
- 30º adjustable head easily pivots into optimal cutting position
- 8-inch self-lubricating Oregon bar and chain with protective sheath for safe blade storage
- Lightweight design with ergonomic handle to maximize user comfort
- Full 2-year warranty; ETL approved
+ What is the file size for sharpening the chain on my Saw Joe Pole Saw?
Your Saw Joe Pole Saw uses an Oregon 91PX chain that is sharpened with a 5/32" sized file. For further information about sharpening your Pole Saw chain, please see the table below:
+ What is the best measurement of a lithium-ion battery pack’s performance? How does the Snow Joe + Sun Joe EcoSharp 40 V 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery pack (model iBAT40) compare to other lithium-ion battery packs in the market?
Without getting too technical, the best measure of a lithium-ion battery pack’s performance is its energy capacity, which is measured in watt-hours. To find the watt-hours of a battery pack, multiple the voltage by the amp-hours. For example, the Snow Joe iON18SB-HYB 40 V 4.0 Ah 18-inch hybrid cordless + electric snow blower runs cordlessly on a lithium-ion battery that delivers a 160 watt-hour energy capacity (40 V x 4.0 Ah). In comparison, competitor models of cordless tools that also employ a 40 V lithium-ion battery may only be telling you half the story. They cleverly disguise a seemingly “more powerful” battery pack by tacking on a large voltage rating without disclosing the amp-hour rating information, which has been found in some cases to be, at best, only 2.6 amp-hours. A battery with the same voltage rating, but a lower amp-hour rating will have a lower energy capacity, which will significantly impact your cordless tool’s performance. Comparing the Snow Joe + Sun Joe EcoSharp 40 V 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery pack to the 40 V 2.6 Ah competitor lithium-ion battery pack, the EcoSharp battery provides about a 1.6 fold increase in energy capacity (160 watt-hours versus 104 watt-hours). So, when comparing battery packs, it’s not only voltage that matters in terms of cordless tool performance. Know your battery’s amp-hour and watt-hour rating to get a true assessment of what your battery can really do.
+ What are the best uses for iON8PS2 Pole Chain Saw?
- Cut hanging branches over walkways and entranceways
- Get rid of branches too close to your roof to protect your home in advance of weather hazards
- Safely trim limbs hanging in rain gutters to prevent clogging and damage
- Trim away overgrown branches on trees to beautify your property and create a cleaner, brighter and more spacious outdoor living space
- Cut branches that block sunlight from nourishing your garden and flower beds
- As a quicker and safer alternative to using a ladder and a hand saw
- Protect ground level amenities (e.g. clear space over your swing-set, remove hazards from above your carport, prevent debris from littering your pool, etc.)
- Instead of a traditional chainsaw to cut bundles of branches or clean up broken tree limbs
- No need for a smoke mask, ear protection, gas can, gasoline, 2-cycle oil, ethanol-shield fuel additive, carburetor clean-out, sparkplug replacement, and seasonal fuel preservatives and stabilizers (a one-time fuel savings alone of at least $25)
- Avoid renting a bucket lift, scissor lift, or boom lift to safely reach tall limbs
+ How long will the battery in my Sun Joe iON8PS2 Pole Chain Saw run for?
Your Sun Joe iON8PS2 Pole Chain Saw comes with a 40-volt 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery (Model# iBAT40) that delivers up to 45 minutes of whisper-quiet run time.
+ What bar does my unit use?
Your Saw Joe iON8PS2 uses an SWJ800E-62 8-inch bar, available for purchase on our website.
+ What chain does my unit use?
Your Saw Joe iON8PS2 uses an SWJ800E-63 8-inch chain, available for purchase on our website.
+ How long does the battery for my Sun Joe iON8PS2 Pole Chain Saw take to charge?
Your Sun Joe iON8PS2 Pole Chain Saw comes with a 40-volt EcoSharp® lithium-ion battery charger (Model# iCHRG40) that completely charges your battery in up to 2 hours.
+ What type of oil does my unit take?
Your Saw Joe iON8PS2 uses regular Bar and Chain Oil, available for purchase on our website under model number SWJ-OIL.