Sun Joe 10-Inch 8-Amp Multi-Angle Telescopic Electric Pole Chain SawSWJ803E
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- Telescoping pole extends to 7.2 ft providing up to 14 ft of overhead reach
- Multi-angle head adjusts from 0° to 30°
- Powerful 8-amp motor cuts branches up to 9.5-inches thick
- 10-inch Oregon cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication
- CSA approved; Full 2-year warranty
+ How do I clean debris/residue from inside the unit?
- Using the supplied flat-tip blade screwdriver, remove the end cover nut cap from the chain/sprocket end cover to expose the end cover nut.
- Using the supplied hex key wrench, unscrew the end cover nut and remove the chain/sprocket end cover.
- Remove any debris trapped under the end cover, around the sprocket, and between the chain links. If available, use compressed air to remove any fine debris from the mounting surface, bar, and chain.
- If necessary, remove the cutting bar and chain from the mounting surface to clean any residue, then replace.
- Replace the chain/sprocket end cover by inserting the rear tab of the end cover first into the rear tab slot on the mounting surface, and position the cover onto the saw head.
- Tighten the end cover nut by hand. Remove all slack from the chain by turning the chain tension screw clockwise until the chain seats snugly against the bar with the drive links in the bar groove.
- Tighten the end cover nut using the hex key wrench, then replace the end cover nut cap to secure the chain/sprocket end cover.
+ What is the file size for sharpening the chain on my Saw Joe Pole Saw?
Your Saw Joe Pole Saw uses an Oregon 91PX chain that is sharpened with a 5/32" sized file. For further information about sharpening your Pole Saw chain, please see the table below:
+ What is the purpose of the cord lock restraint hook?
Your unit comes with an on-board cord lock restraint hook that provides a secure method of connecting an extension cord to your unit. The major function of the cord lock is to prevent drag on the cord from disconnecting the extension cord from the unit. Please be advised that the use of any electric power equipment without utilizing the cord lock is not safe; this could allow the extension cord to loosen and detach enough to cause a short circuit, irreversibly damaging the unit, the extension cord, the breaker box, your person, or all of the above.
+ What type of oil does my unit take?
Your Saw Joe SWJ803E uses regular Bar and Chain Oil, available for purchase on our website under model number SWJ-OIL.
+ Should I wear safety goggles when using my unit?
Yes, safety glasses or goggles must be used when operating your Saw Joe. Also, use safety footwear, snug-fitting clothing, protective gloves, and hearing and head protection. Wearing personal protective equipment reduces exposure to any hazards when using your Saw Joe.
+ What are the best uses for SWJ803E Pole Chain Saw?
- Cut hanging branches over walkways and entranceways
- Get rid of branches too close to your roof to protect your home in advance of weather hazards
- Safely trim limbs hanging in rain gutters to prevent clogging and damage
- Trim away overgrown branches on trees to beautify your property and create a cleaner, brighter and more spacious outdoor living space
- Cut branches that block sunlight from nourishing your garden and flower beds
- As a quicker and safer alternative to using a ladder and a hand saw
- Protect ground level amenities (e.g. clear space over your swing-set, remove hazards from above your carport, prevent debris from littering your pool, etc.)
- Instead of a traditional chainsaw to cut bundles of branches or clean up broken tree limbs
- No need for a smoke mask, ear protection, gas can, gasoline, 2-cycle oil, ethanol-shield fuel additive, carburetor clean-out, sparkplug replacement, and seasonal fuel preservatives and stabilizers (a one-time fuel savings alone of at least $25)
- Avoid renting a bucket lift, scissor lift, or boom lift to safely reach tall limbs
+ How do I adjust the chain's tension?
- Adjust tension with a screwdriver by turning the tensioning peg screw clockwise or counterclockwise to achieve proper tension.
- The correct tension is achieved when the chain in the middle of the bar can only be lifted by approximately 3-4 mm.
+ How loud is my Saw Joe SWJ803E?
Your Saw Joe SWJ803E has a decibel rating of 100 dB.
To better understand this noise level, please refer to this chart for means of comparison:
+ What bar does my unit use?
Your Saw Joe SWJ803E uses an SWJ-10BAR 10-inch bar, available for purchase on our website.
+ What chain does my unit use?
Your Saw Joe SWJ803E uses an SWJ-10CHAIN 10-inch chain, available for purchase on our website.
+ What is the size of the end nut holding the bar cover on my unit?
The end nut beneath the end nut cover that holds the bar cover on to your unit is a size 13mm metric flange hex nut. Any 13mm socket or spanner wrench will be able to remove or tighten this end nut.